Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Epidural

I have a chapter planned (that I have not written yet) that will cover labor and delivery. You can be sure I will write about the epidural. I had one with the first 3 deliveries and it worked well for me. I became a big fan. But as time passes I have become more of a dirty hippy - just without the dirtiness, free sex and drugs. With Jordis, I decided to give it a whirl without my sweet, sweet epi.
I survived and it hurt. Unfortunately I don't have any videos of when I was in labor with Jordis... because I was a little more on the ... how do I say ... on the "sensitive" side. For example, when Shiloh started chewing Hot Tamales right next to my ear while I was having a contraction I was ready to kick him to the curb. I don't know if the camera would have gone over real well during that time. In contrast, here is a video of me in active labor with Lydia... he could stuck a hot tamale in my ear and I wouldn't have cared.



1 comment:

  1. LOL... that is TOO funny. I wish I was that happy during my labor... the epi dude (wonderful as he was...really... we became best friends), had to come in TWO MORE TIMES to up the dosage or something... I don't quite remember... of course, my story (as you can see from my last blog post) was a little abnormal...um...pitocin -- NOT my favorite.

    ReplyDelete